Golden Visa Buying beautiful properties with our company we are giving you the Golden Visa.

What type of permit or visa is applicable to this category?

  • A Residence visa for a one year residence.
  • Two-year residence permit that can be renewed:
    • If the investment is maintained, and
    • If you have made at least one visit to Spain during the residence period.
  • To request the initial residence permit you must already hold an investor visa.

Who can apply?

  • Investors who make a significant investment in Spain:
    • Real estate assets (€500,000)
    • Shares or bank deposits (€1 million)
    • Public debt (€2 million) 
  • Business projects in Spain considered being of general interest.

Where do I apply?

  • Visas will be processed at the Spanish Consulate in your country of origin or residence.
  • Residence permits will be processed by the Large Business and Strategic Groups Unit [Unidad de Grandes Empresas y Colectivos Estratégicos (UGE-CE)].

What are the requirements and what documents are needed?

  • General documents:
    • Identity document or passport.
    • Public or private health insurance taken out with a company operating in Spain.
    • Background check.
    • Proof of sufficient funds to support the applicant and members of his/her family during residence in Spain.

  • Specific documents:

    • Documents providing proof of the investment:
    • Property: certificate of registration of the property and purchase deeds of the real estate.
    • Unlisted shares and equity: statement of investment filed with the Investments Register of the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (Registro de Inversiones).
    • Listed shares: document from a financial broker registered with the National Securities Market Commission (CMNV) or the Bank of Spain.
    • Public debt: certificate from the financial institution or the Bank of Spain indicating that the applicant has been the sole owner of the investment for a period of not less than five years.
    • Bank deposits: certificate from the financial institution indicating that the applicant is the sole owner of the bank deposit.
    • Business project: before applying for a visa or permit, a favourable report is required on the business and entrepreneurial activity intended to be carried out in Spain.

  • Where do I request the general interest report?

    • For visas, the report on entrepreneurial activity of interest should be requested from the Spanish Economic and Trade Office in the same area where the visa is requested.
    • For residence permits, the general interest report should be requested before applying for a residence permit at the Directorate-General for Trade and Investment.

    What should I bring to request the report?

    The business plan of the project, specifically: the professional profile of the investor, the type of business activity, the number of jobs that will be created, the features and qualifications required for each, where the project will be set up (geographical area), how much the investment will be and the origin of the funds.

    What is a project in the general interest?

    • One that creates jobs.  
    • Investments with a social and economic impact on the geographical area where they are made.
    • One that makes a significant contribution to scientific and/or technological innovation.

    What other benefits are there?

    • The residence permit allows its holder to live and work anywhere in Spain.
    • The awarding of this residence permit does not require actual residence in Spain, which is considered to be that over 183 days. The only requirement is to visit Spain once during the period of residence.
    • Combined processing of permits for couples and their children.

    How to buy a property in Spain

    Read our guide →